Monday, March 8, 2010

Sonnet Draft

From day one you enchanted me with smiles,
Yet fear it kept me from the truth I knew,
Not holding hands, we walked abreast for miles,
Confused and tangled threads my heart did shew.

You must have thought the waiting was in vain,
Those months so long and filled with soft despair,
If I could go back to erase that pain,
Your suff'rings through those times I would repair.

Yet your persistence paid off in the end,
You beat the odds and then you got the girl,
I was content no more as "just a friend,"
Instead I chose to give to you my world.

Another day I could not bear to miss,
So I gave in, embraced in love's sweet kiss.

(this is only a rough draft and i'm not sure how i feel about it at this point in time. there are some parts that i really like and some that are sort of meh. it's not horrible, but...)

No comments:

Post a Comment