Friday, March 12, 2010

The Final Piece.

From whence we met, though I cannot explain,
You seemed to know that we should be a pair,
A fool I was; your wait it seemed in vain,
Those sleepless nights, heart filled with soft despair.
Not holding hands, we walked abreast for miles,
Our chatter ringing 'cross the dusky fields,
You made me laugh, you filled my life with smiles,
Your trial long, but o what joy it yields!
For though it took so long for me to see,
And blindness kept me from the truth I knew,
Now finally our hearts united be;
I am in love with every bit of you.
Though blind I was, I fin'ly understand,
My heart was yours the day you grasped my hand.


in all honesty, i think it turned out rather well. at any rate it's improved a lot from the first draft. i'll print it up tomorrow morning. now let's just hope that he likes it. happy monthiversary, ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment