Monday, November 19, 2012

In The Mind.

There are only three things we talk about in this poem – the sublime, Lucretius, and Wallace Stevens.

To care about something is to effect a cure. The rock is all about possibility and the word if. If we are to eat the incipient colorings we might receive a cure of the ground. These leaves are the cure, the poem. There is nothing else.

But what is it that we are curing?

It is not important that you publish the things that they write, nor that they last beyond you, just that you write to the best of your ability. It is important that you are here and you are doing things and that you do them to the best of your ability.

The interior paramour is the muse, who presides over all. When you work with Stevens, look up every single word, even the ones that you know, because in reality you probably do not.

The intensest of rendezvous is with your own interior self. Here, now, we forget each other and ourselves. This might be the only poem in which is explained what caused this. Under this situation and these qualifications, God and the imagination are one.

The Lord the Shepherd of His People

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.

So yeah. Memorized it in 6th grade and then promptly forgot it. Been a while since I thought about it.

P.S. Kubla Khan is totally Ghengis Khan's grandson, and there are at least an estimated 16 million people descended from Ghengis. If you're lucky, there's a little bit of the Blood of Kubla in you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment