Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Piercing the Heavens


Meet Simon.

He's the main character in an anime series called Gurren Lagann. I thought of him this morning when we talked about autochthony. You see, at the beginning of the series, Simon is just a normal boy living in a small village...several miles under the surface of the earth. He dreams of going to the surface, but it is not until he finds Lagann (a mecha) that he is able to escape and come to the surface to defeat the forces that were keeping humans hidden under ground.

It's kind of a complicated series and it moves very fast - though it's only two seasons, by the end they are throwing galaxies at each other...like I said, complicated. Anyways. I mostly wanted to point this out. First time in a while that I've sat down to post something without hearing the words leaking out of my ears as I did so. Hopefully it sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment